The Selection Process
Through our competitive application process, SEN will select leaders with the vision for launching new schools that can produce dramatic results for NYC’s underserved students. We are looking for experienced educators with a dynamic combination of instructional and personal leadership skills.
SEN reviews applications on a rolling basis. The application process involves three stages and evaluates candidates in light of SEN’s Leadership Competencies.
Who We’re Looking for
Ideal Charter Leader Fellows candidates have:
- A track record of positive results for students.
- A clear vision for an engaging and rigorous culture of instruction.
- Enthusiasm for fostering positive and inclusive school cultures.
- The entrepreneurial spirit required to create and maintain a new organization.
- A growth mindset and the ability to translate feedback into action.
- A desire to take personal responsibility for every child’s success.
Application period for cohort four is now open. Cohort four fellows will open schools in 2020.
Questions about our program or application process should be directed to David Negron at David.Negron@SchoolEmpowermentNetwork.org.